A blog to keep track of all my prosthetic/makeup adventures!

 

Success! (For the most part…)
I presented and everyone loved it!

I go up tomorrow! Sooooo nervous oh my god..,

Presentation time!!

I’m going to be presenting this Monday, at 2:00 pm!! Which gives me
Plenty of time to apply so in very happy about that! I’m hopefully going to record the whole process of the application and edit/speed it up and load it on here!
I will also try to get the presentation on here as well once they start giving them out!
I will also be posting process pictures on here, just as a did last year! So excited guys!

Daily journal

whatissfx:

5-28-14 
I altered the kimono today, making a slit for the tails to go through. At first I wasn’t going to do it, but when saw the kimono on with the tails, it looked really bulky, so I decided to do it after all.

I’ve redone the right hand, sculpted and everything! Right now, it’s being casted in silicone.
The second hand came out a bit sticky, I don’t know if it’ll complete cure or if it’ll be like that for awhile… I suppose we’ll see!

Daily journal

5-28-14 
I altered the kimono today, making a slit for the tails to go through. At first I wasn’t going to do it, but when saw the kimono on with the tails, it looked really bulky, so I decided to do it after all.

I got so much done today! And cleaned too! On top of all the ears and tails being done, I’m making the mother mold for the paws! Hopefully this works!
My fingers got a weird spray tan too…

I got so much done today! And cleaned too! On top of all the ears and tails being done, I’m making the mother mold for the paws! Hopefully this works!
My fingers got a weird spray tan too…

Ears!! Now to just attach them to the wig….

A lot of work getting done today! Finally sewed the second tail and now both are airbrushed and ready to go!

A lot of work getting done today! Finally sewed the second tail and now both are airbrushed and ready to go!

Ribbing the ears so they keep their shape! Burns. Hot hot hot.

Ribbing the ears so they keep their shape! Burns. Hot hot hot.

5-27-14
(Excuse the mess behind it) so I’m working on airbrushing now!! I’m really loving how it’s coming along! The colour is exactly what I hoped for. I still need to add a bit of depth to the inside of the ears and also some ribbing so it stays in shape (which I’ll just use wire for!)
Right now I’m just giving my air brush a break, can’t use it for too long otherwise it’ll overheat! Yikes!

Seeing as though I’m not applying it to my face, I just have to awkwardly hold it….
SO! I ran into a lot of problems with the face mold that I’ve never had happen to me before (you can see previous journals for that information), so I had to really work around it the best that I could. Sadly, that means it’s not going to be as good as it would’ve been without those issues. I to bevel and smooth the best that I could on the cheeks and it’s still a little bumpy but from afar, I’m sure it’ll look smooth!
In the last picture you can see the piece I made to smooth out the divet between the lip and the chin to take away a small human feature.
The edges didn’t turn out as thin as I had hoped, but, the face is done for now until application day! Woooeeeee I’m gonna be cramped that day.

5-27-14
Soooo today was quite the day…..
It’s the final week, a.k.a. Crunch week.
I go to take a mold of the hands, likely advisor told me to, using plaster. I didn’t think plaster on plaster would work but he insisted so I did it! Plaster on plaster does not work! Sealed to the plaster base (the hand) and completely shatter everything mold and hand included. So I need to completely restart to process for the right hand…
The left hand, though, hopefully this plan will work better. I’m going to take a thin mold in silicone and then a mother mold in (easy to break away) plaster. Hopefully when I go to cast it, the two different types of silicone won’t bind together (especially with mold release since it isn’t an absorbent like plaster!).
So, wish me luck!!